Hey and welcome!
When I went vegan in November of 2015, I had so many questions! Like how do I eat pizza now? And what’s a great vegan red lipstick? Is wine vegan? Can I still shop at Sephora? How do vegan athletes eat? And of course, where can I get some vegan tacos & queso?
Since I didn’t know any other vegan people in real life yet, I turned to blogs for help and found a lot of great info. Not long after, I decided to start my own blog where I could share all of my favorite things and help others on their vegan and cruelty free journey as well.
Here at Penny’s Portal, I write about all of the delicious vegan food I try around Austin and beyond. I also create vegan and gluten free recipes, which are usually oil free as well and sometimes themed, and I write about and photograph other things I’m nerdy about, like cruelty free beauty, vintage/thrifting, TV/movies, and being tidy af.
Some other fun facts about me:
- I’ve been blogging in some form since 2011 (or earlier if you count MySpace, haha.)
- I have a B.A. in English & Spanish from the University of Texas.
- I’ve taken photography classes at ACC, the AMOA, and have won various awards/had my photos displayed in art galleries.
- If you are what you eat, then I’m a (sometimes sweet) potato.
- Some of my fave shows are Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stranger Things, True Blood, Veronica Mars, Twin Peaks, and Riverdale.
- My Hogwart’s house is Slytherin.
*My Technological Ease Sigil shirt is from Hauntwell, and I use oVertone for fiery hair. I usually shoot with my Nikon d610 (the camera in this photo is my old d5100, the 610 is what I used to shoot it.) I love self portraits!