In case you haven’t noticed, I love pasta. Fettuccine, spaghetti, lasagna–it’s all delicious, comforting, and usually fairly easy to make.
This is the pasta I make when I’m craving something simple–this dish doesn’t have a sauce, so you can really taste the flavor of the veggies and spices. Since I don’t cook with oil anymore, I use lemon juice when roasting the veggies instead, and it tastes even better!
Of course, this recipe is best topped with a generous helping of either vegan parm or nutritional yeast.
You could easily change this recipe to suit your tastes by adding whatever veggies and spices you prefer–it’d be delicious with mushrooms, squash, cherry tomatoes, or other veggies as well.
If you make it, please let me know in the comments and/or post a photo on Instagram and tag me (@pennysportal)! Also let me know what your favorite vegan pasta dishes are!
- 1 (16 oz) package of brown rice pasta spirals (or pasta of choice)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tomato
- ½ white or yellow onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- 1 bulb of garlic for roasting (optional)
- Vegan parm or nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set water to boil for the pasta.
- Chop veggies and add to a bowl. Add juice from 1 lemon and all spices and mix until veggies are thoroughly covered.
- Spread the veggies out on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until veggies are soft. If roasting garlic: separate garlic cloves (but don't peel them) and place them on a separate baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes as well, until garlic is soft and fragrant. For even softer, creamier garlic, wrap the cloves in foil before roasting.
- While the veggies are baking, cook pasta according to package instructions. When finished, drain pasta, set aside, and cover.
- When the veggies are done, mix them in with the pasta and serve immediately with vegan parm or nutritional yeast on top.