If you’re in Austin and love pizza, you need to try Li’l Nonna’s ASAP. I’ve mentioned that I love their pizza before, but I wanted to do an all out Li’l Nonna’s appreciation post so I could share all of the reasons why I love it!
- House made vegan and gluten free crust! There are lots of places that offer vegan pizza but not all of them have an option for crust that’s vegan AND gluten free, and the ones that do often offer packaged frozen crusts like Smart Flour Foods crust. While I’m glad places have that option, I can buy and make pizza with those crusts at home, and they aren’t as good as homemade crusts. Also if you’re not gluten free, their regular crust is amazing as well!
- House made vegan cheese! The first time I ordered Li’l Nonna’s I was almost afraid to eat it because it looks so much like real cheese, and it doesn’t just look good–it’s delicious! While I enjoy store bought vegan cheeses like Daiya too, they don’t compare to the look and taste of house made vegan cheese that really melts.
- House made vegan meats! Are you beginning to sense a pattern here? There are quite a few vegan pizza options these days, but the fact that Li’l Nonna’s makes their own ingredients makes them really stand out. I LOVE their house made beeteroni as well as their smokey tempeh, and I think it’s awesome that they’re vegetarian and don’t use any animal meats.
- VEGAN RANCH. I don’t know how I missed it, but I only recently discovered they have vegan ranch as well and ordered some. Before I was vegan I used to love dipping my pizza in ranch, and now I can do it vegan style–hooray!
- Delivery options! I try to save money and pick up pizzas, but I’m also glad delivery is an option for when I’m feeling super lazy and hungry. I’ve used Favor to have it delivered, but you can also use GrubHub or Amazon Prime Now.
I love L’il Nonna’s so much–their house made vegan crust, cheese, meats, and ranch are mind-blowing, and I appreciate that they have so many gluten free options.
The only (very minor) complaints I have about Li’l Nonna’s are that I wish they always offered the gluten free deep dish crust (they only occasionally have it) because it’s amazing, I wish they had full size gf crusts, and I wish they had more appetizers because sometimes you just want to go all out and order a feast, you know? And I’m not a big fan of Brussels sprouts. If they had vegan/gluten free garlic knots, cheesy bread, mozzarella sticks, cauliflower/tempeh buffalo wings, or anything like that, I would be all over it.
Have you tried Li’l Nonnas? Where’s your favorite place to get vegan pizza? Even if you’re not in Austin, let me know in the comments because I WILL travel for amazing vegan/gluten free pizza. Also if you’re interested in more vegan/gf pizza options in Austin, check out my Austin Vegan and Gluten Free Pizza Guide!