Sometimes simple recipes are the best recipes, like these delicious baked home fries. The key to making these is to crowd the tray with potatoes, so the ones on top come out crispy while others are soft. No oil is needed–these are amazing with just salt, pepper, and garlic, but you could add paprika or whatever other seasonings you like.
This recipe makes a lot of home fries–I like to have plenty of leftovers, but you could halve the recipe if you only have a small tray or don’t want as many leftovers.
I love home fries with tofu scramble, beans, and other breakfast foods, but these would also pair well with burgers or veggies.
Seriously though, potatoes are bae. What are your favorite ways to make potatoes? Let me know in the comments! If you try these, let me know what you think and/or post a photo on Instagram and tag me (@pennysportal)!
- 6 large russet potatoes (~4 pounds/.45 kilograms)
- 6 ounces white onion, chopped (~1 medium onion or 2 small onions)
- Garlic granules or powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop potatoes and onion and add to a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. I prefer a liberal amount.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until potatoes are soft and lightly browned.